Tuesday, December 28, 2010

O Christmas Tree

I know that technically Christmas day is over, but I'd like to think the spirit of Christmas goes on a little longer. It has always been my family's tradition to keep the tree and decorations up until New Year's Day. I plan to keep the same schedule for my house.

Adam and I had planned to find a big permanent tree early in the season for our living room, but after hearing so many people tell us that they had found trees during the after Christmas sales we decided to get an affordable it-will-work-for-now tree and hunt for our dream tree after Christmas. I have always wanted 2 trees, one for my future sports room and sports theme ornaments and one for the living room for all our childhood ornaments. Luckily, this dream will get to come true thanks to the it-will-work-for-now tree and the full year I have to finish our sports room.

One of my favorite things to do every Christmas morning was to race down stairs and see what ornament Santa topped my presents with. My sisters and I normally woke up before my parents and we knew we couldn't open any presents or peek at our stockings until Mom and Dad got up, but we could see our ornaments. My family is filled with traditions and one of them is the theme of our ornaments. For the past 27 years, I always received bear ornaments. My mom always gets rocking horses, Christy always got musical instruments, until she switched her theme to glass ornaments, Monica always received angels, and Dad got whatever hobby he was into like photography, birds, bbq, and currently pigs (not really a hobby, but it is his current theme.) I followed Christy's footsteps and switched to stars this year. I started the same ornament tradition with Adam this year and got him a handyman reindeer.

Here are some pictures from Adam and my tree this year:

One of my oldest and favorite ornaments.
Looks like me right?
Some future sports tree ornaments

One of my favorite bear ornaments. Clara bear

Go Cats!

I haven't quite found the prefect tree topper yet.

The first of my star ornaments

Our tree in its entire glory.

Our new home ornament from Adam's parents
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment